Saturday, October 31, 2009

Google Wave Rider!!

It has been quite awhile (a pretty long awhile~ xD) since my last update to this blog.
There is a new excitement that make me really want to write an entry to this blog.
It is the thing shown below!!

If you dunno what is this, this is the logo of the Google Wave!!
In case you do not know what is Google Wave,

Google Wave is "a personal communication and collaboration tool" announced by Google at the Google I/O conference on May 27, 2009.[1][2] It is a web-based service, computing platform, and communications protocol designed to merge e-mail, instant messaging,wikis, and social networking.[3] It has a strong collaborative and real-time[4] focus supported by extensions that can provide, for example, spelling/grammar checking, automated translation among 40 languages,[2] and numerous other extensions.[4] Initially released only to developers, a "preview release" of Google Wave was extended to nearly 1 million users beginning September 30, 2009, with the initial 100,000 users each allowed to invite up to twenty additional users.

Curious to know what's so special about the Google Wave and its feature?
Just watch the video of the debut of the Google Wave below.





The video might be abit too long to watch.
So I will list down some basic features of the wave with videos.

Starting a new wave

A wave can be both a document and a conversation.A wave can be both a document and a conversation.





Replying to a wave

You can reply anywhere in a wave.You can reply anywhere in a wave.





Editing waves

All participants on a wave can edit any part of the wave, at the same time.All participants on a wave can edit any part of the wave, at the same time.



Reading through waves

To quickly read through unread blips in a wave, hit the spacebar.


Using Playback

The playback feature lets you move through the history of a wave.The playback feature lets you move through the history of a wave.



Spelling correction

Google Wave’s spelling correction uses the context of your message to correct your spelling.Google Wave’s spelling correction uses the context of your message to correct your spelling.



Arranging panels

You can make more room on your screen by moving and minimizing panels.You can make more room on your screen by moving and minimizing panels.



Scrolling

The scrollbars in Google Wave are a little different.The scrollbars in Google Wave are a little different.



Searching for waves

Use the search box to find waves by typing keywords and advanced search terms.Use the search box to find waves by typing keywords and advanced search terms.



Creating a saved search

Find a set of waves quickly with a saved search.Find a set of waves quickly with a saved search.



Adding tags to a wave

Tags are an easy way participants can share organization of waves. Any participant can add or remove a tag.Tags are an easy way participants can share organization of waves. Any participant can add or remove a tag.



Making folders

Create folders to organize your waves.Create folders to organize your waves.



Looks exciting isn't it?
So how do I actually get it?
The story begin from this morning.
Today when I wake up at the morning and check my mail box,
I was so excited to saw that google has sent me an invitation to the wave.
So I sign up it immediately and ride the wave!! xD
And of course playing it all alone is not fun at all.
So google has given me some invitations to send to my friends.
Up until the moment I writing this blog, I have sent few invitations to my friends already.
I expect that there might be strangers coming to this blog and demand for invitation.
I'm very sorry to say that I will not simply give invitation to strangers,
since that google wave is only fun if you are playing it with friends.
So I'm going to fully utilize the invitations left for me to gain maximum excitement with friends.

If you already have google wave, then you can add me SquallChua@googlewave.com
Let's ride the wave together!! xD

2 comments:

憂~ said...

作莫从新“启动”部落,,第一篇就来个红毛鸡肠==
我不会看啦T.T

Squall_Chua said...

哈哈哈
因為這篇用中文寫會很奇怪
下次才用中文寫啦 xD